Clients, please click on the city closest to your home below:
Working together to decrease the carbon footprint
Reduce your footprint - reduce your home energy
- Caulk your home - Caulk is a flexible material used to seal air leaks through cracks, gaps, or joints. This will make your home warmer in the cold winter months.
- Lighting - Turn off lights you're not using. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED ones.
- Solar energy - Add solar panels to the roof of your home.
- Adjust Your Curtains - There are several energy-efficient curtains on the market that use insulation to regulate your home's temperature. Or you can consider hanging thicker curtains.
- Windows - When it is time to replace your window, make sure it is rated for saving energy.
- Garden - Use climate-appropriate plants in your garden
- Ask a handyman in your neighborhood to help insulate your home and to give you some advice and tips for reducing your footprint.
Reduce your footprint - save some water
- Showerheads - Replace your regular showerheads with low-flow showerheads.
- Toilets - Replace your older model toilets with new ultra-low-flush models.
- Swimming pool - Service your pump regularly and use a pool cover during the winter.
- Ask a plumber in your neighborhood to help you save water by upgrading your bathroom and to give you some advice and tips for saving water and electricity.
- Make water-efficient choices when purchasing shower heads, faucet heads, toilets, dishwashers and washing machines.
Other ways of saving
- Appliances - Make energy efficiency a primary consideration when choosing a new appliance, air conditioning unit, dishwasher, or refrigerator.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - You do not need to always buy a new couch or new vehicle, rather buy a second hand one.
- Buy locally if possible - Shipping and transporting your food burns fuel.
- Unplug Your Gadgets - Completely powering off your gadgets isn't just good for your devices, it's good for the planet.
- Choose a Laptop Over a Desktop - Laptops, unlike desktop computers, are designed to be energy-efficient, because battery life is a major factor to laptop design.
- Coffee lover - Instead of boiling the kettle 14 times a day, rather put the boiled water into a hot water flask.
- Washing - Wash your car less often
Reduce your footprint - alternatives to driving
- When possible, walk or ride your bike
- Drive a low carbon vehicle
- Do not buy a minivan or SUV if you don't need one
- Properly inflated tires improve your gas mileage
- Carpool - Do not drive on your own.
Reduce your footprint - from the food you eat
- Eat locally-produced and organic food - A lot of greenhouse gas emissions results from the production and transport of food.
- Cut the beef and dairy - It takes a lot of resources to raise cows, and it's especially bad if you buy beef from somewhere like Brazil, where it was grazed on
land that used to be tropical forest but was cleared for agricultural use, not to even mention the transportation costs.